Sunday, March 11, 2012

Art Sales







According to the latest edition of Crafts Reports, American crafts is taking an upturn.

Shows are coming back and artists are seeing an slight increase in sales. The reason given is that consumers are searching for American-made items to buy.

Just last week, I was talking to a neighbor who is planning on revamping her kitchen and she was complaining that it was difficult to find replacement appliances that are totally made in America. I think she has her work cut out for her, although I admire her idea of supporting American business.

As far as shows go, I'm a bit dubious about that. I haven't seen the entry fees going down. And, according to the article, jewelry and photography are still doing well.* Finding a good gallery for your work might be the better solution for now.

*And I always thought the food booths were the ones who made the killing. But is it art?

No comments: