Thursday, October 14, 2010

Sometimes When Things Go Wrong, They Go Right


This is a plate I got a little intense about when I was throwing it on the wheel.

I pushed the rim too far and it did this.

I cut it off from the wheel, laid it aside and went on with whatever it was I was doing.

Later, I looked at it and decided, "What the heck, let it dry."

I bisque fired it, tried a white glaze on it as a test firing and Voila. Not a bad plate.

So, don't be too hasty or too harsh about how your work turns out.

Besides, I don't think I could do this again if I tried.


2 comments:

Linda Starr said...

I agree wholeheartedly, so many times the one I thought I liked the least turns out so well after firing.

Carolyn said...

Love your plate. And I love that you left it the way it wanted to go without trying to change the result!